I was going through my notes and papers and I happened to come across a paper with advises. I decided that it would make a good post, not only that but the advice is actually really beneficial. So here goes, tips for students of Deen (by an ustaad of mines).
- Don’t be proud and arrogant. Whoever humbles himself for Allah, Allah will elevate him.
- Develop qualities of love (for each other). When Allah describes the Sahaba in Surah Fath, one of the qualities He mentioned is that they are merciful (kind) to each other.
- If a person doesn’t make amal (practice) on his knowledge, it is not actual ilm, it is just information, because there is no noor in ilm without amal.
- One faqeeh (jurist) is more stronger/severe on Shaytaan than a thousand worshippers.
- Forgive each other. Don’t develop grudges in your heart. A presription for the greatest success i.e Jannah – have a pure, clean heart, with no enmity or hatred for anyone.
- Command with good and prohibit with evil. You are the best of nations taken out for the benefit of mankind. You command with goodness and prohibit with evil….
- Invite towards the path of your Lord with wisdom and good advice….
- Ml Ashraf Ali Thanwi rahmatullahi alayhi said: To regard yourself as a pious person is haraam but to try to become pious is fardh.
- Assist each other on piety and taqwa (goodness, abstinence from sin etc)
- Be kind and compassionate to your neighbour (والصاحب بالجنب)
- A people should not mock a people perhaps they are better than them…
- Lead a righteous life, Allah will love you
- Know when to draw the line.
- Ask for forgiveness from those who you may have harmed.
O Allah, create love between our hearts, and reform that which is between us and guide us towards the path of peace!
Actual Ilm is where you practice on your knowledge.
Imam Malik rahmatullahi alayh said: Ilm is not by narrating a lot, it is actually noor that Allah places in the heart.
Value every breath of yours. The time in your life is like rubies.
Respect beautifies man. Show respect to your kitabs, teachers as well as your class and classmates.
Try to inculcate the Sunnah in your life as much as possible.
Meet people happily. Spread salaam. Become a devotee to Allah.
Read your salaah, make tilawat, engage in dua, fulfill the rights of purda. Make dhikr.
Correct your intention always.
Show a desire for Ilm.
Good questions are half of Ilm.
Whoever strives will find (success).
A book is the best companion.
Time is more valuable than any profession.
The peak of wisdom is the fear of Allah.
رأس الحكمة مخافة الله