Someone said that the Taubah of Hadhrat Adam alayhis salaam was accepted because of five things. The Taubah of shaytan was rejected due fo five things.
The following are the five reasons for the acceptance of Hadhrat Adam alayhis salaam’s Taubah:
- Hadhrat Adam alayhis salaam acknowledged his mistake
- He was ashamed of it
- He hastened to repent
- He condemned his nafs
- He never lost hope in the mercy of Allah Ta’ala
(These five things are necessary for the acceptance of Taubah. May Allah give us the reality of it!)
The following are the five reasons for the rejection of shaytaan’s Taubah:
- He did not acknowledge his sin (In fact, until the end he said: “I am better than Adam alayhis salaam”)
- He was not ashamed of his action
- He did not condemn his nafs
- He did not hasten to make Taubah
- He lost hope in the mercy of Allah Ta’ala.
Allah Ta’ala says in the Qur’an: “…It is He who accepts the repentance of His slaves…”
We should always remember to make dua that Allah gives us sincere repentance before death (Taubatan Nasooha).
May Allah grant us the reality of Taubah! May Allah grant us sincere repentance before death.