The special virtues of Durood Sharif and the benefits in this world and the A’khirah:
1. A person synchronizes with Allah Ta’ala in that Allah Ta’ala also sends Durood Sharif.
2. It is a means of attaining the mercy and Dua of the Angels.
3. It is a means of attaining the Dua and mercy of Rasulullah Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam.
4. Recital of a hundred Durood Sharif is a means of freedom from Jahannam and hypocrisy.
5. A hundred Durood Sharif causes a hundred needs to be fulfilled.
6. It causes the forgiveness of sins.
7. It purifies deeds.
8. A person’s deeds will be weighed in a large scale.
9. A person will enter Jannah together with Rasulullah Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam.
10. A single Durood Sharif draws seventy mercies from the Angels.
11. It causes one to secure the intercession of Rasulullah Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam.
12. It is a means of salvation from fear of Qiyamah.
A few rulings regarding Durood Sharif Sharif:
1. It is obligatory upon every Muslim to recite Durood Sharif at least once in his lifetime.
2. It is Sunnah Mu’akkadah to recite Durood Sharif after Tashahhud in the final sitting of Salaah.
3. It is compulsory to recite Durood Sharif when the name of Rasulullah Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam is taken in a gathering.
4. If the name of Rasulullah Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam is mentioned several times in a gathering, then although it is compulsory to recite Durood Sharif after the first time, however, it will be Mustahab and extremely meritorious to recite Durood Sharif after the other times. In fact, according to Imaam Tahawee, it is compulsory at every time.
5. It is prohibited to join words to the forms of Salaah and Salaam narrated in the Ahadith. (Nuzulul Abrar p.129)