Allah Ta’ala says in the Qur’aan:
“Surely Allah and His Angels send salutations upon Nabi ﷺ , O those who believe! Send Salaat and Salaam upon him .”
The shortest form of Durood is صلي الله عليه و سلم .
One Durood :
• 10 sins forgiven
• 10 stages elevated
• 10 good deeds written
• The reciting of Durood before Du‘aa brings hope of its acceptance
• It will bring intercession of ﷺ
on the Day of Qiyaamah
• It is a cause of forgiveness
• It brings the Pleasure of Allah
• It will bring the reciter nearer to Rasullulah ﷺ on the Day of Qiyaamah
There is an incident , something to the effect – Once Moulana Yunus Patel (Rahmatullah Alayh) was watching the Green Dome . Someone asked what he is watching? Moulana replied that he is seeing the flights of Angels delievering the Durood and Salaam to Nabi ﷺ .
A beautiful Arabic couplet states:
“I have not , in praising Muhammed ﷺ with my words ,
Brought praise to him .
But I have with my praising of Muhammed ﷺ brought praise to my words .”