In the Name of Allah, the Creator of Peace.
Recently, I came across a post on WordPress, tagged Islam. I was shocked. The words exactly used were ‘Islam is Slavery.’
Ya Allah…it broke my heart to know that this is all what the media portrays. Islam isn’t a religion of slavery.
The word ‘Islam’ originates from the word ‘Salam’which literally means ‘Peace’. So if the name of the religion means peace exactly, then how can the religion be a religion of Slavery?
What does this beautiful religion of Islam entail?
1. Imaan (Faith). Submitting one’s self to the words ‘There is no diety except Allah and Muhammed (Allah send salutations upon him) is the Servant and Messenger of Allah.
2. Salaah (prayer). To pray 5 times a day. In order to pray, one has to be in the state of purity by performing Wudhu (ablution). The first prayer is before sunrise named Fajr. The second being after Noon named Dhuhr. The third being Asr performed late afternoon. The fourth prayer is performed after sunset named Maghrib and the fifth performed later in the evening is called Esha.
3. Saum (fasting in the month of Ramadhaan). Having a pre-dawn meal (suhoor) and staying away from food and drink till Sunset.
4. Zakaat (obligatory charity). Once a year, if you are liable for Zakaat…then you have to take out an amount from your wealth. There are many laws which follow regarding this one.
5. Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah if you have the means). During the season of pilgrimage, if a Muslim has the means to perform then it is obligatory for him to perform Hajj.
These are the 5 pillars of Islam..like any other building, if one pillar is weak – the entire buliding can collapse. The same way, all of these pillars need to be maintained.
So from the above, you decide for yourself..
Is Islam a religion of peace or slavery from the above mentioned pillars?
Why do women have to wear the veil? They have no freedom whatsoever?!
Okay, let me put this before you.
If you have a precious gem or jewel in your possession, then would you show it to the world? Would you reveal it or conceal it?
Conceal it, obviously!
So..in the same way, we women are precious gems and jewels…we are supposed to be concealed and protected.
Think about it…
Everything has a veil. An orange is covered by a skin. A banana has a peel. An apple has a peel..
Amazing, isn’t it?
Yes, this is the beauty of our religion – Islam!